Hi, my lovely kittens! Today I want to make such a big post, and write about how to do eye makeup, to share my own experiences and some secrets. And, of course, attaching interesting video for clarity =)
How to do eye makeup. Video and tips
Don't forget to apply a foundation and to disguise flaws. I first apply a base, and then I am masking irregularities: directly on the affected area (if it is an inflammation) or under the eyes (dark circles). Apply concealer (corrector and/or concealer), tapping with your fingertips into the skin. Secure the base with a powder (I use mineral one, on my oily skin it keeps itself long enough.) Here comes the turn of the eyes. I'll tell you how to do eye makeup - for the most commonly used types of make-up, and share the little secrets.
1. Apply a base (primer) on the eyelid. In some cases, a concealer that you use to hide the flaws can work like a primer. Apply it with the fingertips and wait until the primer is absorbed. Apply the powder under the eyes then you will be able to remove eyeshadows that fell out pretty easy.
2. Apply basic (main) shade of shadows. Typically, this tone of shadows should be lighter ones that will go to the outer corners of the eyes, but darker than those you will apply on the inner corner of the eye. Blend it over the whole eyelid.
3. Apply the lighter eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eyes, covering the entire area, including the area of the lower eyelid. This shade should a little bit cover the borders of the eyeshadows that you have applyed on the middle of the eyelid. So you will create a smooth transition.
4. On the outer corner of the eye you need to apply a darker eyeshadow from the lash line. Depending of your eyes or of the makeup style, you can create on the outside of the upper eyelid shape that you like - or "stretch" it to the eyebrows, or, conversely, round off and draw the crease of the eyelid. This eyeshadow should also go "overlap" with the shade on the middle part of the upper eyelid. Apply these eyeshadows on the lower lash line too.
5. Don't forget at the end carefully blend the borders (if you didn't plan to make sharp edges).
6. Apply under the brow the light eyeshadows: it's usually shimmering or pearl eyeshadows to accentuate the relief.
7. Emphasize the lash line. Depending of the type of liner (liquid eyeliner, pencil or dark shadows), line that you draw must be very close to the roots of lashes, filling intervals between lashes. If I make the wings, I start to draw it from the lower eyelid, as if following the line of the lower eyelid, raising the line in the direction of the eyebrows. I stop at the required length of the wing and then from the tip of the wing I make a line leading to the upper eyelid. It turns smoothly and quickly.
8. Apply the mascara. I try to apply more layers of the mascara on the outer lashes, and less on inner ones because I like it when the outer lashes visually look bigger than others. You have a lot of techniques to apply the mascara: you can hold the brush vertically (new trend of makeup-artists), and you can apply it normally. If you want curved lashes - apply a bottom-up, twirling brush. If you want to have straight lashes, apply the mascara on the upper surface of the eyelashes pulling them down with the brush.
I'll bring an interesting video how to do eye makeup =) This is a BOND GIRL: 70s Shimmer Solitaire Makeup, very bright and it's in golden, copper and metallic green eyeshadows.
Girls, I am russian, and the English is not my native language, so if you will found mistakes - feel free to show me them to correct! =)
Take care of your beauty, kittens! Love&kisses!=* Amo e beijo!=* Meow :3