Well, with the start of New York Fashion Week we have the opportunity to know color trends 2014: trendy shades of upcoming season. Pantone, the global authority on color has submitted their report and told the world, what shades will be trendy in the spring 2014. It is worth noting that the trendy colors of spring-summer 2014 are not much different from the trendy shades of 2013. The Executive Director of the Institute of colors Pantone Leatrice Eiseman believes that everything is because of the fact that the modern woman needs stability in whole the life: “While this need for stability is reflected in the composition of the palette, the inherent versatility of the individual colors allows for experimentation with new looks and color combinations.” Therefore, in the new season, we will see old “acquaintances” and will get a chance to try colors that hitherto did not dare to try.
Well, designers of Pantone have identified ten trendiest colors of the coming season, I will tell you in detail about the nuances and share my selection of clothes and makeup products that meet the main color trends.
Color Trends 2014 – Spring and Summer
As I wrote above, the composition of the palette reflects the woman need for stability, as well as it is greatly influenced by compatibility of all shades. After all, we do not consider each of the shades of their own, but keep in mind, how they can be combined with each other. Here, of course, it can be total look, designed in the same color, and can be combined with different colors, even in color-block style. I have already written in my blog, how to combine such colors, so I will not stop here, and will move directly to the color trends.
Each shade, patented by Institute Pantone has its own patented name, but, of course, in the world these colors are called more simply. Let’s start with pastel shades, which continue to be favorites of fashion designers.
10 trendy colors 2014
- Light blue pastel shade Placid Blue. Hue of the sky, reflecting the calm and serenity. Excellent combines with any pastel shades and classic colors.
- Lavender shade Violet Tulip, оvery romantic and vintage shade, evokes nostalgic memories. Very feminine spring shade.
- Light green, almost pistachio, Hemlock, with that kind oriental touch. Gives perfection to the look, it is very different from the trendy mint and emerald hues with its tenderness. All three of these shades go perfectly with each other and with more bright colors.
- Beige, a color of coffee with milk Sand, as Pantone‘s designers describe it – “a lightly toasted and amiable neutral, conjures images of the beach and the carefree days of summer.” This shade will look great with Hemlock green.
- Gray shade Paloma – the most that neither is neutral. As the saying goes, and in the feast, and in the world. It will look excellent as solo, as well creates a balanced look in combination with other colors.
- Coral red Cayenne looks like it brings a note of “spice” to the dominance of neutral and pastel shades. Perfectly complements each of these shades.
- Bright sunny Freesia, “a blazing yellow”, also continues to be a hit. I already wrote about trendy yellow dresses, it’s nice that so radiant color will not be forgotten in the next season.
- Kinda continuing the theme of the sun, “in the battle” comes orange Celosia Orange. The bright, neon shade of orange. Designers Pantone advised to combine it with Violet Tulip. It will be a blast!
- Another shade of purple palette – Radiant Orchid, a little more pink than its pastel colleague Violet Tulip, closer in tone to the shade of fuchsia. Perfectly complements the neutral shades.
- Light blue shade Placid Blue also has a “brother in spectrum” in the pantheon of the trendiest colors – more dark Dazzling Blue. It is stronger and more bright than it’s calm pastel “colleague”.
Not sure which color is trendy now? Then I invite you to take a look at my collection of clothes and make-up in trendy shades of spring 2014.
Is there your fave color among these trendy shades? Which one do you like more?